Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Project at PEACE- Connect

It was my first project at PEACE- Connect today which is like my dream come true! I have always wanted to volunteer that was why i joined Leo Club. Due to some reasons, I did not attend! That was so wasted.

However I am so fortunate to have my team, DeeVolUMe to continue Service- Learning me. Today was our first project at this Neighbourhood centre, PEACE- Connect at North Bridge Road.
I was in- charged of today's project. It was a 50: 50 success and fail.
Why do i say that?

I planned a programme template which we should follow. However, we only managed to carry out one of the activity due to time constraints. So to learn from this failure, we have to find out the duration given earlier so that we can plan more efficiently with the particular given time.

However we managed to bring happiness to the folks there. Many of them thanked us before leaving. I was so happy today.

I made new friends too. George brought a friend along. His name is Chong Huan who is so shy. We apologise for neglecting him though. I also got to know these 3 kids whose names are: Aloysius (my favourite male English name), his older brother, Joshua and Guo Hao. They are all very vocal and nice though a little rude. HAHA.

We intend conduct another service in FEB! Wei Ting would be in- charge of it! I am looking forward!
The Folks!
Wei Ting and Ebellia
George
Casandra
Nelson and Chong Huan
Me!
After the Event.. CLEANING TIME!
Staying back to do up the Notice Board:)
Debrief people!

No comments: